Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Pumpkin Poppers! They are like little mini donuts - gluten free, dairy free, wheat free



These were so good and it felt like I could have a legit treat and I wasn't cheating at all!  They are extremely easy to make, as well.  When I saw the original recipe I did not have all of the ingredients on hand and I knew that I wanted something that had a little more sugar taste to it, so I improvised.  :)  I removed a little of this, added a little of that and voila!  They freakin rocked my motherflippin socks.  Kid approved, too!  I didn't bother to tell them it was healthy.  They didn't ask and who am I to tell them what they don't need to know?  A sneaky mom, that's who.

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup coconut flour, firmly packed (I used Bob Redmill Certified Organic)  + more for dusting.
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin (I used organic pumpkin puree from the grocery store.  Nothing fancy)
  • 1/3 cup coconut oil 
  • 1/4 cup honey 
  • 1/4 cup Stevia
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/4 to 1/2 c of raw sugar for coating 


1.  Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2.  Take out your trusty dusty cupcake pan and put a pinch of coconut flower in the bottom of each well.  It            does not need to be fancy, just throw a pinch in there.
3.  Add all dry ingredients to a small bowel and combine well,except for the Stevia.
4.  Add all wet ingredients including the Stevia to your food processor and mix well.  You may need to stop            once and scoop down the sides.
5.  Add your wet ingredients to the dry and combine well until a ball is formed.  Let sit for 5 minutes to allow        the coconut flour to fully incorporate any liquid.  
6.  Roll into 12 each balls and dredge each one into the raw sugar making sure to coat it completely.
7.  Add each ball to one well of your cupcake pan.
8.  Cook for 17 to 19 minutes.  They will not be hard on the outside.  They should remain soft with a small            amount of crust (I mean very little) 
9.  Remove them from the well and allow them to sit for a few minutes to cool off, but you can eat warm or          put them in a container and eat on the go.  Perfect treat packed with vitamins and clean-eating                      yumminess.

Pin it for later:  Pumpkin Poppers

Follow me on Pinterest:  https://www.pinterest.com/drauso/

Photo Credit to & recipe inspired by:  Gapsdietjourney.com

No comments:

Post a Comment